Melbourne Amazing Race – CBD Course
We stage Amazing Race Melbourne in the very heart of the CBD with the Yarra as the star. It is a snapshot of the very best of Melbourne including the beautiful calm surrounds of the Botanic Gardens, a short walk along the river, then the bustle of Southgate, up through the intriguing Melbourne Laneways (with a special challenge in Hosier Lane). The final checkpoint is Federation Square, creating an inconic backdrop for our Photo Shoot challenge.
This course is quite flat with some shade, so it is manageable even if the team is not made up of especially active people.
We always start in the Botanic Gardens (opposite the NGV) and can finish anywhere in a 5-8 minute walking radius of Federation Square. And the best bit? Finding the perfect spot to relax and compare experiences with a drink at the end!
At Team Bonding we think the Melbourne City Centre course is the best route we offer Australia wide.
When you enquire, we email you with all the logistics and help with suggestions of the best finish points.
How does the event run?
- Once we’ve met at the start point we sort you into your sub teams (generally 6-8 people per team)
- The event starts with some enjoyable warm up exercises followed by a briefing (which we keep fairly tight, but does include a number of points about safety)
- Teams head off from the start point at the same time with a folder, map, clue to the first checkpoint, the rules and contact information.
- At each checkpoint you will be allocated a point scoring task. We provide with clear instructions and time guides. Once complete you’re handed your next clue or activity and the race continues.
- The activities are creative and engaging, with just a hint of challenge.
- Have a look at this link to get a sense of the activities you will complete. (We ask you a bit about your team and choose activities to suit you best).
- The event finishes with the most popular activity, the “photo essay” challenge. … Virtually all the photos on this website were taken by the teams on this task. They look happy don’t they? They certainly were … and we have 300,000 more photos just like the ones you see here and in the gallery.
- We recommend all teams finish in a casual pub for a cool beverage while we tally the scores. We give a brief presentation, which acknowledges all teams and then we announce the winners. They get a modest (though highly valued) small trophy as a reward for their great teamwork.
Timing: The total time for an event is generally around 2.5 hours, which can be shortened by around 20 minutes on this course. For some larger groups we need to allow a little extra time as the start and finish take a little longer.
Physical Exertion: Can be adapted to suit your team, we don’t encourage running and ensure all participants are not overtaxing themselves. Anyone fit enough for a brisk walk can enjoy the event.
Our Promise: We make things easy for you as the organiser and guide you through each step. Once the group gets to the start you will be able to enjoy the event as one of the crowd, plus you’ll be sincerely thanked by everyone who attends
If you have more specific questions about the event, give us a call on 1800 047 220 or read more about the event logistics here.
It is a simple event, though universally enjoyed, even by those with low expectations 🙂
Please join us on the fun and easy Botanic Gardens to City Central course.
Melbourne’s Best Priced Hosted Scavenger Hunt Event
Now $200 Off – Small Groups Priced From $1,650 + gst.
(We price in brackets, more people are better value)
Please enquire below for your quote
Includes expert facilitation by Team Bonding, planning assistance, logistics, equipment, a modest prize and 2 – 5 friendly, experienced facilitators on the day.
Hi Cate, it’s been an absolute whirlwind since our Amazing Race!
The team is buzzing, and I am still collating evaluations, but so far 100% of the team loved the activity! Thank you for arranging this so smoothly. We are still sticking to our competitive colours in some ways!
Once again, thank you for your organisation of the event. The games from the very beginning set the tone for the day. We are bonded far stronger than before and can share a chuckle about challenges along the way. We certainly hope to be doing something similar in the future and making team bonding at least an annual event.
Kind Regards, Sharron
S. Kelly-Campbell – Wyndham City Council